5 October 2005

Fairy Tales Dilemma solved

I like to take a couple of the children with me whilst out on errands. It keeps me company, they enjoy the outing occasionally getting a treat and I get to enjoy their assistance at the various places I need to attend. Yesterday I had Clare and Ariel with me and we were listening to the story teller Jim Weiss. He is a very good narrator using many voices and has a large collection of stories on CD.
As he was telling us some famous fairy tales I asked Clare, "Do you know this story?"
"Yes" she answered confidently.
"What's it about?"
"I don't know." Clare replied in an equally confident voice.
After listening to "The Shoemaker and the Elves", we then heard the story of "Rapunzel". When the witch took away the one year old Rapunzel, Clare announced that the elves should sneak in to the witch's house and take the baby back. I had to explain they were still busy making shoes and weren't available.
Clare is obviously learning problem solving and learning to apply this skill as required.

No comments: