18 July 2006

Changing Looks

Recently I purchased a new suit. When we left for the US three years ago we had a massive clean out and my old suits joined many other clothes in a one way journey to the Op shop (Opportunity Shop = US Thrift Store).
The three boys were with me in the store and when I emerged from the changing room wearing the new suit, Peter looked up at me and frowned.
"You don't look like Dad anymore."
The shop assistant thought it was pretty amusing.
Well, it has been a while since I wore a suit on a daily basis. It is amazing how quickly children get used to the current situation - be it looks, house, clothes or whatever. It's the same when I grow a beard. After a short adjustment period all are used to the new hairy look (except Lana who doesn't like it) and once it goes (when I have enough of Lana's grimaces) the chldren are once more surprised.
The photo is a re-enactment of the scene in the store.

1 comment:

RennyBA said...

Long time since I've been here so I try to catch up. We're on vacation in Sweden.
Real cute comment from Peter - yes children soon adjust:-)
Lovely party - great to see you had a blaste!
Seee you:-)