22 September 2007

Always have a spare memory card

My photo plans during our trip was to upload them to my computer each night. This worked fine until the first night of the camp when the card reader failed during the transfer. I uploaded 42 out of 64 photos, but the card was now corrupt!
I had stupidly relied on one memory card with no spare. The little town in which the camp was situated didn't have anything so esoteric as a SD memory card so I had two options. Either take no photos and see if I could retrieve the 22 photos when I got home, or reformat and lose the photos.
I took the first option, so I took no photos beyond the first day. I wasn't able to retrieve the photos after all but I now do have a backup memory card in my camera case.
Use my lesson for your own benefit. :-)

No comments: