Approved by Rose
This is a recipe we were unable to make in the US as several of the key ingredients were not available.
The passionfruit and custard topping makes a tart and sweet taste sensation. The middle and base also complement the topping making a very tasty slice. A definite winner at parties.
1/2 cup Plain (All Purpose) flour
1/2 cup Self raising flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter (melted)
125g Copha (melted) (solidified coconut oil. Unavailable in the US.)
400g/1 tin Condensed Milk
3 teaspoons gelatine
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 1/2 tablespoons custard powder (similar to pudding - unavailable in the US)
1/4 cup castor sugar
1 1/4 cups water
1 1/2 teaspoons gelatine
1/3 cup passionfruit pulp (4) (Hard to find in the US)
• Grease 20 x 30cm (8in x 12in) pan
• Combine flour and sugar
• Stir in butter
• Press in pan
• Bake in moderate oven for 12 minutes
• Cool (man)
• Beat Copha senseless with condensed milk using electric mixer
• Dissolve gelatine in lemon juice in cup over saucepan of boiling water.
• Stir until dissolved.
• Add gelatine goo to condensed milk and mix well
• Pour over base in pan
• Blend custard powder with sugar in 3/4 cup water in a bowl.
• Dissolve gelatine in remaining water in cup over saucepan of boiling water.
• Add gelatine goo to custard powder and stir over low heat until thick.
• Cool slightly (a bit) and add passionfruit.
• Pour over filling in pan
• Keep away from Rose until you are ready to serve.