25 October 2006

Graeme Ross

By Lana
This design is called Bankside by an Australian designer Graeme Ross.
I started stitching this design whilst pregnant with Ariel and completed it while she sat beside me and I talked to her.
Wow! That was a long time ago.
This picture has moved with us and adorned the walls of many houses until we finally settled down here. We found that the collection of pictures I have created over the years quickly converted a rental house into a home.
We even brought a number with us to the US. The earliest items we unpacked were the pictures, which were promptly hung onto the walls, so we could say, "Now we are home."

3 comments:

Suzanne Temple said...

It's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lana, I was just wondering with all those gorgeous kids, do you still have time to cross stitch. I recently started home schooling the youngest 2 of my 5 children and am finding no time to stitch, when there is time Im too tired!!! How do you cope? Any tips? I came across your blog a few weeks ago and look forward to your posts every day. Thanks. Lisa

DavidofOz said...

Hi Lisa.
Now that my Mourning Sickness is over, I usually stitch in the afternoon once schoolwork is over. I also stitch during schoolwork when I have to sit around while they do their schoolwork. See our entry on the Maths Quiz - it shows me cross stitching whilst the children are doing their quizzes.
We have had a few questions about our "curriculum" and we'll do a post shortly.