|Too tempting not to try|
1 cup toasted muesli or rolled oats
3 cups Rice Bubbles/Rice Krispies
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup Dried fruit bits (we throw in even more)
125g (4.5oz) butter
4 tablespoons honey
4 tablespoons peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar (normal or raw sugar)
• Chuck all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
• Melt goo mix in saucepan.
• Bring to boil, reduce the heat and let simmer for 5 minutes until the goo is caramel like. The longer you simmer, the chewier it gets. Just don't let it burn on the bottom of the pan.
• Throw gooey stuff into the bowl and mix thoroughly, ensuring everything gets well gooed.
• Press into greased (or non stick) lamington tin (20 x 30cm/8in x 12in) and refrigerate.
• Pretty soon it can be cut into bars. A tray should make about 36 bars.
• Use Tropical muesli to get a wide variety of fruits and stuff.
• Add in finely cut apricots, dried apples and currants/sultanas for added chew. We usually add about 1 to 2 cups of various fruit medley, etc.
• Use more honey and peanut butter for extra chew.